The Life and Times of Tony LaMantia

A chronicle of my life...

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A new me... again.

So I am on this crazy journey through life...

I find myself doing a lot of reflecting lately. Trying to remove the obstacles that distract me from where I need to be. I think that the more I learn about myself and the way that I interact with the people around me, the more I understand the pettiness of things that I once found substantial, and the importance of the things that I once considered paltry.

Truth, above all seems to be the theme of my current quests.

I love a great story as much if not more than the next person. I have even been titled "The One Upper" by close friends for my love of telling stories that build on the last story told. My intent not being to trump the preceding story, only to strengthen the glue that binds the relationships through a shared life.

The glitch in telling a story, especially relaying an instance, is that the story teller usually wants to ensure a good impression of himself on his audience. Something that manifests him the hero, or victor. This makes sense. Who doesn't want to look like superman to those around him? The problem comes into play when we embellish the story. We add details that didn't exist in the true context of the story. It gives a false image. It makes the listener believe something that didn't happen.

I don't like that.

I am purposing in my life to eliminate false projections. In word and deed.

I want to be told truth and I want to convey truth.

Life is colorful and crazy. Things that are unimaginable, happen. Good and bad. I am sometimes the hero and frequently the villain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home