The Life and Times of Tony LaMantia

A chronicle of my life...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Communication!

"There are four types of conversations. Discussion is the most familiar and pragmatic..." Soooo..... <---------------- Do you converse with God.
Conversation goes two ways...
Are your prayers one way? ---------------> Conversation with God is possible, but it requires two very important elements. Speaking for one. How often do you take the time to just talk to God. I talk to my friends and family every single day. My Cell phone records will attest to that! But do I talk to others more than I do the person that I bear the mark of. I take the name of his son as my own! I am a Christian, but do I talk to the one that I call my best friend? Every relationship requires communication. Without it we are lost to everything that exists in that place... Helen Keller was closed to almost every type of communication. Helen could only communicate to those around her. She threw tantrums and got angry and frustrated. She whined when hungry and screamed when angry. She had a teacher that worked with her daily to help her learn to communicate. Helen was only confused by the everything. She was blind to the world around her. She was deaf to the sounds that where happening right next to her. Her teacher Anne Sullivan brought her to the pump one day and put her hand in the water and spelled the word water in her other hand... ---- !!!!BAM!!!! ---- It all made sense. Later Helen said this "I stood still, my whole attention fixed upon the motions of her fingers. Suddenly I felt a misty consciousness as of something forgotten, a thrill of returning thought, and somehow the mystery of language was revealed to me." That is what needs to happen to us. We currently have this ability to communicate our frustrations. We whine and scream, but why do we not listen to that Teacher that is holding our hands and talking back to us! Why don't we listen. There are several ways that God talks to us. He talks to us as a body. We are the Body of Christ and He gives us His Word, and He gave us His Spirit. You have the tool. Once Helen realized that the fingerspelling on her fingers was someone talking to her she learned 30 words in the timespan of about a few hours. Be eager to listen to HIM. Helen was eager to learn new words. Be eager about reading His Word. We can not hear His audible voice, but we can hear that still small voice in our hearts. Listen to it. It will always line up with His written word. Love that communication! It goes two ways. If you can't hear it, beg for it, and then listen. Be quiet and listen. He is right there inside you and is excitedly waiting on you to listen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tony--that is so good, I think I'll use it in Awanas for a lesson! (one that I need too!!) thanks!!! Linda

9/16/2006 09:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home