The Life and Times of Tony LaMantia

A chronicle of my life...

Monday, April 10, 2006

Unfinished Business


I am sitting here amongst the pulled staples, stacks of paper, cold coffee and warm coke. And what is funny is that it all says the same thing to me. Unfinished. I actually started to look around to see if there was one thing on my desk that was finished. I lifted the stacks of paper. I moved my chair out and looked under my desk. I only found an envelope that ironically enough was only half sealed and empty. It was labeled!!! But it too was part of the crowd here. Unfinished. A co-worker walked past my office and boy did she ever look unfinished. I perused my email inbox and saw an email from someone that I had hired to create a website for me. That was the beginning of January and guess what! That TOO was unfinished. Another email from a supervisor that had promised to get me some important info on my job by last Monday or Tuesday! You guessed it! Unfinished! I started to feel like I sometimes do on Monday. Like... HELLO!?!? Am I on a treadmill here or am I headed somewhere! NOTHING is finished and it is almost quitting time! Then all of the sudden. Out of the clear blue sky... (well, I think it is clear, I have no windows), something hit me! Well sort of... Our temp accountant walked by wafting her cheap purfume leaving billowing pink clouds of the stuff melting the wallpaper and causeing me to sneeze 3 or 4 or 7 times. But what REALLY hit me was something that was finished! Something that had been finished long ago, but for today specifically! It was something that was finished completely! No reason to rehash it, or revise it! It was perfect in it's completion! Unlike so many other things here in my office that require revisiting and 2nd and 3rd editions. This was proclaimed perfectly complete! Christ on the cross said "It is finished!" Then he gave up the ghost! Poof! The body became empty! Gone! Where did He go and what was finished? Well, I am sure that you are wondering! But, I just for the sake of it I am going to leave this too unfinished! Ok, well not totally! What he finished was, living a PERFECT life, then taking MY sins and MY shame and carrying them with HIM to the cross in order to fulfill the covenant struck between God and Abraham requiring a blood sacrifice as atonement for MY sin so that TODAY, this very day, I am forgiven! THAT is completed! THAT requires no more work! THAT will not remain sitting there for completion at a later date! That my friend is FINISHED!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home